Food Prices To Rise – Hockey Heartbreak – Reluctant Hero – Forecourt Rage
- FOOD PRICES TO RISE: Food prices are on the way up, with across-the-board price increases expected in the next couple
of weeks, supermarket companies say.
- HOCKEY HEARTBREAK: The New Zealand Women’s hockey team played their way into the nation’s hearts then suffered a
heartbreaking defeat yesterday at the Sydney Olympics, humbled 1-7 by Argentina.
- RELUCTANT HERO: Reluctant hero Brian Pickering, who saved a father and son stranded in freezing conditions in the
Kaimanawa Forest Park for two nights, said yesterday he didn’t know what the fuss was about.
- FORECOURT RAGE: A 70-year-old forecourt attendant thought he would die as glass rained on him after an abusive driver
ran him over at an Auckland service station.
Inside Political Headlines:
- Poverty ‘as dangerous as smoking’;
- Hapless ‘Bob’ an insult, says Hide;
- Howard doesn’t want combined dollar – Shipley;
- Insider trading should be a crime, says Swain;
- Dalziel promises to look at refugee overstayer cases.
Editorial: A laconic Kiwi hero.