Goff Wants Retrials For Liars – Second Shark Attack – New Electricity Technology – Hockey Heartbreaker
- GOFF WANTS RETRIALS FOR LIARS: Criminals acquitted of crimes through perjury, bribery or similar means should be
retried for their crimes, Justice Minister Phil Goff said yesterday.
- SECOND SHARK ATTACK: A second surfer has been killed in a shark attack on Australia’s Gold Coast, just a day after New
Zealander Cameron Bayes was killed by a white pointer shark while surfing on his honeymoon.
- NEW ELECTRICITY TECHNOLOGY: Power company TrustPower has unveiled home technology that can pay bills with the swipe of
a bank card, turn the water on at the beachhouse from a distance and budget, and track household electricity use – all
through a phone.
- HOCKEY HEARTBREAKER: New Zealand’s gold medal chances in the women’s hockey are hanging by a thread after a
controversial 2-2 draw with Spain last night. Spain scored in the dying seconds from a free hit the umpire awarded
because she said New Zealand was time wasting.
Inside Political Headlines:
- State sector payouts may exceed $3 million, says Newman;
- Closing the gaps strategy challenged;
- Secret payment revealed;
- Meridian ‘prime target for cash stripping’;
- Boy’s care queried at inquest;
- Court hears case for teacher’s discharge;
- Clark refuses to discuss Samuels’ sacking with tribe;
- Agencies to be combined;
- Employment changes promoted.
Editorial: Lets have a center party.