Govt calls in McClay over claims of pressure - Mayor and deputy battle over Gully funding - City of mystery grows in
hills - Iron Mike fined for child-eating threat - Brit joggers think sex, Kiwis of pain - Bank starts rate slide -
Inside headlines - Sports lead - Editorial
Govt calls in McClay over claims of pressure: Social Services Minister Steve Maharey is to summons Childrens
Commissioner Roger McClay to discuss 'confusing messages' over Mr McClay's claims he was pressured by Maori Ministers.
Mayor and deputy battle over Gully funding: Wellington Mayor Mark Blumsky and his deputy, Kerry Prendergast are at
loggerheads over how to pay for a Transmission Gully highway.
City of mystery grows in hills: The front page pic shows, against the backdrop of the Southern Alps, a mystical city
with watchtowers and a massive palace is being built in mid- Canterbury for the Lord of the Rings film trilogy.
Iron Mike fined for child-eating threat: Mike Tyson has been fined $NZ 418,000 for, among other things threatening to
eat the children of world champ Lennox Lewis.
Brit joggers think sex, Kiwis of pain: While Brit joggers think of sex and romance during a run, NZers have pain on the
brain, accoring to a new study.
- New look commission may avoid litigation;
- Next on the top ten: Councils greatests hits;
- Labour MP loses licence for speeding;
- What DWI paid out grants for;
- Gene commission favours Greens over us, says Act;
- Minister slumming it in unloved Khandallah house;
- Stay off the catwalk, OZ tells Kiwi;
- School bus stays a walk away;
- Fire bosses ignore Govt orders to settle;
- Energy Trust considers investment possibility;
- Don't query Iti road, DOC told Forest friends;
- The last game on their field of dreams;
- Cash incentives to doctors challenged;
- Rosson faces up to council reps.
Sports lead Strikeout on cards for Sorenson: Softball New Zealand will review Dave Sorenson's - a former national
captain ,assistant coach and father of the legendary Mark - future in the sports Hall of Fame in the wake of his
pleading guilty to fraud.
Editorial: Warrior-like bullying from the Beehive; Here we go again.