Ansett Manslaughter Charges – Mock Marriage – Fingers Show Sexuality – Petrol Prices – Fast Test Drive – Helicopter
Crash – Inside Political Headlines – Editorial: Te Papa
ANSETT MANSLAUGHTER CHARGES: The Dominion leads today with a report that the pilot of an Ansett NZ passenger plane which
crashed near Palmerston North in June 1995 killing four people, has been charged with four counts of manslaughter.
MOCK MARRIAGE: The front page photo shows a mock marriage ceremony performed at Massey University yesterday. Massey
University social work student Hui Welton, who yesterday married a man off the street, is looing forward to picking up a
married students allowance.
Also on the front page:
- FINGERS SHOW SEXUALITY: a report that the forefinger on the right hand can indicate whether a person is homosexual,
lesbian or heterosexual, according to a study published in today’s issue of the British science weekly Nature;
- PETROL PRICES: a report that the worst is over for motorists who have been paying 22 cents a litre more for petrol
since July last year. Prices should fall soon.
- FAST TEST DRIVE: a report that a man taking a car for a test drive has been clocked by a speed camera at 192kmh in
- HELICOPTER CRASH: a report that two American tourists killed in a helicopter crash in Fiordland on Tuesday had been in
New Zealand only a few hours when tragedy struck.
Inside Political Headlines:
- US looks beyond F16 deal to what NZ will do;
- I’m no thief says woman named by Tamihere;
- Picture: Helen Clark and Judith Tizard beaming at a screening of archive footage of former PMs;
- Wilson lashes out at Brash;
- ABOUT THE HOUSE: Maharey: a man of many thanks;
- Waiting lists “over new rent”;
- Bunkle complaints over power companies.
EDITORIAL – TE PAPA: The PM is prodding sacred cows in her criticism of the Museum of New Zealand.