Have a sharp story you think is worth sharing ?
send it to Sharp@scoop.co.nz
and WIN BEER!!
++++++ PLEASE PASS THIS EMAIL ON! ++++++
NOT SHARP: Australian Injury/Death Statistics
Statistics on a range of un-sharp ways in which Australians injure themselves or die, allegedly from the Australian
Bureau of Statistics…
* 3 people die each year testing if a 9V battery works on their tongue.
* 142 people were injured in 1998 by not removing all the pins from new shirts.
* 58 people are injured each year by using sharp knives instead of screwdrivers.
* 31 people have died since 1996 by watering their Christmas tree while the fairy lights were plugged in.
* 19 people have died in the last 3 years by eating Christmas decorations they believed were chocolate.
* Hospitals reported 4 broken arms last year after cracker pulling incidents.
* 101 people since 1997 have had to have broken parts of plastic toys pulled out of the soles of their feet.
* 18 people had serious burns in 1998 trying on a new jumper with a lit cigarette in their mouth.
* A massive 543 people were admitted to casualty in the last two years after opening bottles of beer with their teeth or
* 5 people were injured last year in accidents involving out of control Scalextric cars.
AND FINALLY, SURPRISE, SURPRISE...
* 8 people cracked their skull in 1997 after falling asleep (passing out) while throwing up into the toilet.
- Author unknown, found circulating on the internet by a reader WHO HAS WON BEER!!!
======= HOW TO STAY SHARP! =======
Subscribe To Steinlager Premium Light Top Scoops (With Sharp Stories)
New Zealand's first free and customisable real-time news by email service. You too can join the ultra-sharp community of
news users who have discovered the Scoop news-by-email service. Included in each daily Top Scoops headlines bulletin
will be a Sharp Story designed to help keep you razor sharp. Enjoy tomorrow’s news today on Scoop!
=========== PASS IT ON! ===========
TO CHANGE MY SCOOP OPTIONS OR UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS LIST: