Can You Please Do A Small Favour For Me By 5pm Today?
Friday, November 17, 2000
Address: 30 Glen Gully Road, Eltham, Vic. 3095
Phone/Fax: 1-800 231 311
Thank You, We're Almost There!
* MEDIA FLASH this week appealed to its readers to help it survive as Australia's media industry E-newspaper. You can
read the Open Letter at www.mediaflash.au.com/open.htm
* ASH LONG, Publisher, says: "Thanks to our readers, Media Flash will definitely continue - from strength to strength.
The response has been thunderous." Read a selection of the amazing letters at www.mediaflash.au.com/support.htm
* "But we still have one major challenge to beat - before 5pm tonight (Friday). And I'd like to ask one small favour so
we can achieve it."
More Than Halfway There ...
But We Have A 5pm Deadline Today
* OUR DILEMMA has been a debt of $85,000, in establishing Media Flash. With reader support, and management, $48,000 is
now under control. But we still need to raise $37,000 by 5pm today (Friday) to meet our creditor obligations."
* WE ARE OFFERING special 'Gold Member' packages to media companies. Overnight, we have sent as many faxes as we can.
Details are at www.mediaflash.au.com/gold.htm
* BUT WE ARE ONLY ASKING YOU a small favour by 5pm today.
What Our Readers Suggest ...
* OUR READERS insist that they are prepared to pay to receive Media Flash.
* PETER SALT, Associate Director of Hamilton James Bruce, writes: "As a media and PR headhunter, let me say for the
record that I am more than ready to start paying for your great newsletter. Just send me the details and I'll sign up."
* THERESE EDMONDS writes: "I read one of your response letters that suggested all your subscribers donate $13.60. That's
a damn fine idea. I deposited $15 to your account today. Even though it's just small amount of what you need, I hope
that it blesses you and help you. Bless you!"
* CYNDI TEBBEL writes: "Like many who've forwarded their support, but no cash, I'm more than happy to subscribe to Media
Flash. Please consider the idea, as I'm sure most recipients are already hooked and willing to pay to ensure such a
great service continues."
* LEE BURTON, Journalism Lecturer and Media Commentator, wrote: "I am concerned to hear about your situation. Why not
make Media Flash by subscription as Crikey is? People such as myself, who find your service invaluable would be happy to
pay such a fee.'
How You Can Help
* WE are introducing a 'voluntary paid' annual subscription at a special price of $50. (We believe it's a reasonable
ask. Cheaper than Crikey at $60; Ad News Fortnightly, $82.50; B, $154; Media Week, $590).
* MEDIA FLASH will still be available free at our web-site. We will still send out E-mail copies every Monday. We now
have an estimated 20,000 readers, with the subscriptions that have grown from 0 to 6400 in under a year. Read our
readers' testimonials at www.mediaflash.au.com/readers.htm
* THE CHOICE IS YOURS. No wild promises, but we'll add some great premium benefits along the way for our paid
subscribers. You can help us best by making your $50 payment TODAY.
Here's What To Do ...
* IF you would like to assist us, please help with the URGENCY of our situation.
* PLEASE go to a Westpac Bank Branch before 5pm today (Friday) and deposit your $50 subscription into the account. It's
a big call ... we need 740 subscribers TODAY (11.5 per cent) to achieve our target. The 5pm call is a serious one.
* TO HELP, SIMPLY fill out a Westpac deposit slip with these details. Account Name: Ash Long. Branch: Westpac (Bank of
Melb), Eltham, Vic. Account No./BSB: 033-091 19-9940.
And One Small Final Favour
* PLEASE E-Mail TODAY us at firstname.lastname@example.org (or fax at 1-800 231 311) to let us know that you've subscribed.
* Obviously we need to know by 5pm if you've been able to help. And we need to know your E-Mail address to show our
appreciation in a special way.