Media Information 20 September 2005
Ford Donates Brand New Focus For Online Auction
Ford has donated a brand new Ford Focus for the annual Variety – The Children’s Charity Trademe online auction which is
live this week on www.trademe.co.nz.
Auction organiser, Variety’s Jennifer Miller, says the brand new 2005 Ford Focus tops off an already strong list of
items listed on Trademe. Profits from the sale of the car will go to Variety.
“This is an exceptional auction item,” said Miller. “Someone will come away with a hot new car, at a very good price,
and have the knowledge that they have helped disadvantaged New Zealand children in the process. It doesn’t get much
better than that.
Ford has been the driving force behind Variety, the Children’s Charity, since it was launched in New Zealand in 1989.
Ford also provides a fleet of vehicles for organisers and officials to use during Variety’s annual Bash, as well as
supplying a number of children’s car seats which are donated to Plunket groups and other needy organisations along the
The brand new 2005 Ford Focus features a 2.0L 4-cylinder 16V Duratec engine. A 5 door hatch with a 5-speed manual
transmission, the 'Smooth As' Focus offers both day to day motorists and driving enthusiasts alike a vehicle which will
cater to their individual needs and wants and usually sells at a recommended retail price of $29,995 plus on-road costs.
Variety on-line Trade-Me auction goes live this Sunday
Items for auction also include:
- Signed and Framed Poster of Sarah Ulmer
- Signed and Framed Poster of Hamish Carter
- Sir Edmund Hillary Signed and Framed $5 note
- “Brotown” original drawing from series one
- Signed Lions Jersey
- TV2 What Now Experience- characters to your birthday party
- Shortland Street Behind the Scenes- includes a walk on
- MORE FM Experience
- Black Caps Cricket Lesson
- 2 tickets to the World Premiere of the World’s Fastest Indian in Invercargill
- Auckland Santa Parade Nickelodeon Float Ride Experience –for 2 children
- Town Hall Tour and Lunch with Dick Hubbard
- “RNZAF Jumpseat Experience”
- Private Theatre Screening
- “Hilton Auckland Cruise Package”
- Flowers for a Year
- Brite Smile -$1200 value
- Botox Shot
- Style and Image Make Over- plus 3 hour shopping trip
- Raymond Weil Ladies Watch
- DVD Boxed set of 19 DVD’s
- Sony Ericsson V800 3G phone- value $865
- Countdown $1000 shop a thon
- Test Drive A Jag for a Week!
- Ford Focus
- Caltex $1000 Petrol Voucher
People interested in bidding for these exciting items can click on the Variety link on www.trademe.co.nz.
The auction closes Sunday 25th September