Xbox LIVE Arcade presents Arcade Hits for Christmas
Top-selling Arcade titles available tomorrow at discounted prices; Summer line-up of new XBLA titles announced
AUCKLAND 4 December 2007 – This week’s Xbox LIVE® Arcade Wednesday is coming a day early with launch today of the Arcade
Hits program, offering some of the best-selling Xbox LIVE Arcade games at permanently reduced prices. Timed with the
Xbox LIVE “Fall Update”, Arcade Hits can be found within the Xbox LIVE Arcade section of the new Game Store, making it
easier than ever to build a library of great downloadable games. The first games to become Arcade Hits:
• Bankshot Billiards 2 (PixelStorm). Bankshot Billiards 2 improves on the original with nine game styles: classic
8-Ball, 9-Ball, Cutthroat, Euro 8-Ball, 14.1 Continuous, 3-Ball, Trick Shots, Time Trial and Golf. The game will be
available for 800 Microsoft Points.
• Lumines LIVE! (Q Entertainment Inc.). Lumines LIVE! is a deep and entertaining game experience, enhanced with vibrant
music and newly designed skins that players can custom-select in Skin Edit mode. The game will be available for 800
• Marble Blast Ultra (Garage Games). In Marble Blast Ultra, players compete against each other by navigating marbles
through moving platforms and dangerous hazards, while collecting rare gems and power-up enhancements, in an effort to
complete each course in record time. The game is available for 400 Microsoft Points.
• Small Arms (Gastronaut Studios). Easy to pick up but hard to put down, Small Arms is a frantic multiplayer action game
with the feel of an arcade shooter. The game is available at 400 Microsoft Points.
• Zuma Deluxe (Oberon Media). Gamers can explore more than 20 realms in Adventure mode and put their skills to the test
in this fast-paced puzzle game. The game is available at 400 Microsoft Points.
With free trial downloads for every game and games of every genre to choose from, Xbox LIVE Arcade offers something for
every member of the family. The fun continues through the New Year as Xbox LIVE Arcade prepares to release several new
titles in the coming weeks:
• Arkadian Warriors (Sierra Online). Gamers can play as one of three heroic shape-shifting warriors embarking on a trek
of epic proportions to release the Land of Arkadia from the evil Gorgon’s stony gaze. An original title on Xbox LIVE
Arcade, Arkadian Warriors features treacherous dungeons where cooperative hack-and-slash role-playing action enhances a
deep single-player storyline. The game includes a robust LIVE-enabled cooperative multiplayer mode for two players
online** or on the same console.
• Brain Challenge (Gameloft). An entertaining brain training program, “Brain Challenge” boosts brain activity and helps
players develop stress-management skills thanks to a wide variety of games. A personal coach helps players develop their
abilities in several areas of cognitive function, including logic, math, memory and visual thinking, in a fun and
• GripShift® (Sidhe Interactive). Through a mix of sky-high platforming and stunt driving, GripShift combines automotive
and puzzle-solving skills across 120 challenge levels, 25 rubber-burning racetracks and 20 deadly Deathmatch arenas.
Gamers can zoom to victory with four players over Xbox LIVE or race solo, all while enjoying a customisable music
• N+ (Slick Entertainment and Metanet Software Inc.). Gamers can play as an acrobatic ninja in this addictive
action-puzzle platformer. N+ features inadvertently homicidal robots, stylish graphics, a level editor and intense
• Omega Five (Hudson Entertainment). Omega Five is a next-gen, high-definition shooter with awe-inspiring graphics.
Gamers can fly through dangerous 3-D environments in this side-scroller and do battle with enemies that come at them
from all sides, even the background. “Omega Five” comes to Xbox LIVE Arcade this summer.
• Poker Smash (Void Star Creations). Players will experience a whole new puzzle game with a poker twist as Poker Smash
delivers stunning visuals and radical features such as super-slow motion and card-blasting bombs. Gamers should get
ready for a fast-paced innovative game with amazing HD graphics and a custom soundtrack that will blow them away!
• Rez HD (Q Entertainment). The psychedelic, cult-classic shooter created by Tetsuya Mizuguchi, Rez HD makes its way
onto Xbox LIVE Arcade early next year. A frenetic, wire-frame adventure backed by industrial beats, the story of Rez HD
takes players deep into the world’s computer network, where they must hack the system, alter the visual output and take
over the music, creating their own rhythms and eye candy as they dig deeper into the cyberworld.
• Sensible World of Soccer (Codemasters). The game that inspired a generation, Sensible World of Soccer lets players
experience both the classic and modern HD version. With multiple play modes, they can play a quick game, start a career
mode, manage a team or take part in their own Champions league.
Xbox LIVE Arcade on Xbox 360 is the premier destination for digitally distributed high-definition games, including
dozens of original intellectual properties and classic titles updated for this generation. Specific game information
about each title will be available on www.xbox.co.nz in the coming weeks.
- ends -