2008 S-Type due in March!
media bulletin – Jaguar
2008 S-Type due in March!
13 December 2006
Jaguar Cars Ltd recently unveiled the new 2008 Model Year S-TYPE range at the Bologna Motor Show, which comes with a
host of exterior and interior design changes as well as a series of new standard and optional features.
The 2008 S-TYPE will arrive in New Zealand next March (2007).
The latest S-TYPE continues to be admired by customers throughout the world, attracted on an emotional level by its
spirit of individuality, iconic design and sporting performance. There is also a rational attraction as well, with the
recent addition of the acclaimed twin-turbo 2.7-litre diesel engine which offers outstanding performance alongside
superb fuel economy.
For the 2008 Model Year, all S-TYPE versions feature an updated front end, with the addition of the sporting S-TYPE
front R bumper and mesh grille to all models. The new-look front is more contemporary, giving every S-TYPE a more poised
and dynamic appearance.
New alloy wheels adds to the sporting appearance of the S-TYPE with the 18-inch Triton featuring on all models except
the top-of-the-range S-TYPE R which will come with the stunning 19-inch Barcelona wheel as standard.
The S-TYPE’s interior is also upgraded, with the introduction of new classic styled multi-function Sport seats (with
non-perforated leather) for all models.
Technical innovation is part of the S-TYPE's appeal and every new model will now come with both front and rear Park Aid
New Zealand's model range will focus on the turbocharged diesel and supercharged R models. The flagship S-TYPE R
($149,990) has the supercharged V8 engine, Computer Active Technology Suspension (CATS), a sunroof, xenon headlights,
rear spoiler and a body coloured mesh grille surround over and above the comprehensive specification of all S-TYPE
The naturally aspirated 3.0 ($99,990) and 4.2 litre ($129,990) petrol variants feature the new bronze stained sapele
wood veneer interior finish. These variants are special order only.
The diesel models continue at $99,990 for the standard version and $109,990 for the Diesel Sport, which includes lowered
and stiffer suspension, upper and lower mesh grilles, aluminium veneer interior finish and rear spoiler.
2008 Model Year S-TYPE at a glance
• Executive Jaguar sedan with four engine variants including class-leading 2.7-litre twin-turbo diesel, 3.0 litre V6
petrol and renowned 4.2 litre naturally aspirated and supercharged V8s.
• Streamlined styling combined with advanced technology and legendary Jaguar ride and handling make the S-TYPE the
epitome of the contemporary, sporting Jaguar sedan.
• From the top-of-the-range 298kW, supercharged S-TYPE R which is capable of 100km/hr in just 5.6 seconds to the highly
acclaimed twin-turbo 2.7-litre diesel which offers a 0-100km/hr time of just 8.6 seconds yet returns 41.5mpg (l/100km)
on the combined fuel economy cycle, outstanding Jaguar innovation is clear across the range.
• All S-TYPE models feature a much-admired six-speed automatic transmission.
• AJD-V6 diesel engine is the lightest unit of its type and size, weighing just 202kg.
• Latest generation, high pressure, common-rail direct-injection technology, including ‘multiple pilot’ injection with
piezo-electric control, ensures maximum efficiency on the S-Type Diesel.
• Maximum power of 153kWs and maximum torque of 435Nm make this a diesel Jaguar with real performance: a top speed of
• An impressive combined fuel economy figure in the diesel of 6.8l/100km (41.5mpg) and a low CO2 figure of only 179g/km.
• Comprehensive safety features in every S-TYPE include front, side and side-curtain airbags, Jaguar’s Adaptive
Restraint Technology System (A.R.T.S.) and Anti-lock Braking System.
• Wide range of standard interior features in every S-TYPE including automatic climate control with dual zone control
for driver and front passenger, front and rear Park Aid, electrically adjustable seats, multi-function steering wheel
controls for audio, cruise control and Bluetooth® telephone connectivity and (where fitted) JaguarVoice control, trip
computer, Jaguar Sound System with AM/FM radio and single slot CD player.
• Comprehensive security system includes remote central locking and drive away locking, ultrasonic intrusion sensing,
radio frequency remote control and engine immobiliser (Thatcham 1 approved).
• Key optional features include Adaptive Cruise Control with Forward Alert, heated front windscreen and a high luxury
pack in addition to existing driver aids.
• Production for the MY08 S-TYPE ceases late 2007 prior to the launch of the all-new Jaguar XF, due mid 2008 in New