Attached please find the results of our latest Confidence Survey. The Survey has revealed that late last week only a net
0.9% of respondents felt the economy will deteriorate over the coming year. This is the fourth month in a row of
improvement, is a sharp gain from -73.3% a year ago, and the best result since our survey started in February 2005.
Interesting points which we have picked up from the industry comments include the following.
· Listings shortages in residential real estate with good activity levels and mild price pressure.
· High caution in the farming sector and those supplying equipment to farmers.
· Advertising looking weaker than usual.
· Architects very busy.
· Finance activity easing off gradually.
· As one would expect the high NZD is causing problems for exporters in general.
· Transport firm but as with many industries margins are tight.
Bank of New Zealand
Be good with money
Bank of New Zealand (BNZ) has been a big part of New Zealand life for over 150 years since its foundation in 1861. The
bank employs over 5,000 people and has more than 170 retail stores and 32 Partners business centres across the country.
Passionate about enabling a higher achieving New Zealand, BNZ works with personal, business, agri, and private wealth
clients, helping them grow and make their goals a reality.
A subsidiary of the National Australia Bank Group of companies, BNZ is governed locally by a Board of Directors and
strives to help New Zealanders be good with money.