November 24, 2006
Santa arrives at Westfield
Santa Claus is coming to town – that is, to a Westfield Shopping Centre in a town near you.
Yes, the great and kind man in red makes his annual yuletide pilgrimage to Westfield Centres bringing a sympathetic ear
to all Kiwi boys and girls who have been good throughout 2006.
Santa’s helpers have been especially busy getting ready for his arrival. Since Labour Weekend all Westfield Centres have
been splendidly dressed with holly and ivy and all sorts of colourful Christmas decorations.
To help embellish the Christmas season of goodwill to all men, Westfield Shopping Centres:
- light up a total of nearly 200,000 individual bulbs in 11 shopping centres from Auckland to Christchurch;
- produce more than 13 kms of pre-printed Westfield ribbon for decorations;
- hang enough garlanding to stretch five times around a 400 metre running track;
- install so many Christmas trees that, if stacked on top of each other, they would reach the height of seven-and-a-half
of Auckland’s SkyCity Sky Towers (2.5 kms);
- hang 12 tonnes of decorations off their ceilings;
- take more than 11,000 man-hours to install the glamour of the Christmas experience.
Gift wrapping at Westfield Shopping Centres this Christmas is available free but shoppers are encouraged to make a gold
coin donation for the service. The funds raised go to a range of charities.
EDITORS: Attached is Santa’s arrival times at Westfield Centres.
Santa arrivals schedule
November 24, 2006
Westfield Glenfield Friday 24 Nov, 5pm
Westfield Manukau City Saturday 25 Nov, 10.30am
Westfield Pakuranga Saturday 25 Nov, 11am
Westfield Shore City Saturday 25 Nov, 11am
Westfield WestCity Saturday 25 Nov, 11am
Westfield St Lukes Saturday 25 Nov, 11am
Westfield Chartwell Thursday 30 Nov, 5pm
Westfield Queensgate Saturday 25 Nov, 4pm
Westfield Riccarton Sunday 26 Nov, 11am
Santa is then in residence daily from 10am – 4pm and on late nights (including extended hours) until 7pm.