20 October 2006
Thirteen is the Lucky Number for CER Group
* A 342.9% increase in sales revenue for the two years to December 2005 ranks CER Group 13th on Deloitte/Unlimited Fast
* Momentum has continued into 2006 with over 400% growth in sales revenue for first half of year
CER Group (NZX: CER) has been ranked as New Zealand’s thirteenth fastest growing company, according to the latest
Deloitte/Unlimited Fast 50 list released last night.
The Deloitte/Unlimited Fast 50 ranking is based on sales revenue growth and related to CER Group’s performance for the
two years to December 2005, when sales revenue grew by 342.9%.
David Warrick, Managing Director, CER Group Limited, is delighted with the recognition.
“Through the acquisition of New Zealand Nature Company in 2005 and the continued commercialisation of the Certified
Organics business, the Group has seen a marked increased in sales revenues. The Deloitte/Unlimited Fast 50 ranking
illustrates the momentum we have built.
“What is pleasing is that sales revenue has continued to grow in the 2006 financial year. The Group announced a 400%
increased in sales revenue for the first half of 2006, compared with the same period in 2005. This was due to the
continued solid performance of New Zealand Nature Company and growing acceptance of Certified Organics’ Interceptor
product in overseas markets.”
CER Group’s stated results for the first half of 2006 were:
- Overall sales revenue for the first half of 2006 was up 405.2 percent to $2,536,612, compared with $502,079 for the
same period in 2005.
- Certified Organics’ sales revenue more than doubled from the same time last year to $1,062,981. This growth was
primarily due to the growth of export sales, including the contract with the Government of South Australia.
- New Zealand Nature Company, which was acquired by CER Group in the second half of 2005, continued to perform above
expectations with sales revenue of $1,473,631.