Auto Trader and Suzuki Rev Up On-line Motoring Market
Trader Group and Suzuki New Zealand have formed an on-line marketing partnership. Trader Group will power the used
search functions on Suzuki’s corporate website. This will allow dealer’s stock to appear not only on their site and the
Suzuki site but also on either autotrader.co.nz or motorcycletrader.co.nz.
This solution presents an extremely powerful tool for Suzuki. Over 135,000 visitors a month use autotrader.co.nz and
motorcycletrader.co.nz. These two sites have over 50,000 vehicles – New Zealand’s largest number of vehicles on-line.
“Suzuki NZ has responded to requests from customers to have a search facility added to our corporate website for used
motor vehicle and motorcycle product available from our dealer networks” says Tom Peck General Manager of Marketing
Suzuki New Zealand.
Peck goes on to comment that the service provided by Trader Group works not only for them but also for their dealer
network and most importantly for their customers.
Trader Group will be providing the technical know how in terms of linking the two systems together. With field
representatives through out the country able to service the dealers, listings will always be up to date.
“We are adding another dimension to Suzuki’s marketing mix by offering them an on-line one stop solution”, says Trader
Group General Manager Lee Williams. “Both autotrader.co.nz and motorcycletrader.co.nz offer multiple photos and full
text descriptions, plus we are looking at other multi-media avenues for the future”.
Trader Group – New Zealand’s multi-media leader for buying and selling vehicles
- the leading publisher of specialist classified magazines and websites in New Zealand and Australia.
- portfolio of 22 market leading publications attracts close to one million readers every month
- annually, 28 million magazines are printed; 50,000 advertising pages are set; and over 1 million photos are captured
- Trader Group’s eight websites have over 300,000 visitors every month; an on-line membership of over 280,000; and
50,000 vehicles for sale – no other New Zealand website has that number of vehicles for sale
- Trader Group’s endearing range of industry specific titles and websites have all contributed to substantially large
growth over the last 5 years - in 05/06 the company will have grown 300% since 00/01
- These industry specific titles include Auto Trader, Deals on Wheels, Farm Trader, Motorcycle Trader & News and Trade A Boat. Two new titles were launched in 2004 – NZ Motorhomes, Caravans & Destinations and NZ Lifestyle Block.
Each title has a corresponding website: autotrader.co.nz; dealsonwheels.co.nz; farmtrader.co.nz;
motorcycletrader.co.nz; tradeaboat.co.nz and nzmcd.co.nz. In 2005, Trader Group launched sellmefree.co.nz – a general
classified site offering the unique premise of: “sell anything for free”.