INDEPENDENT NEWS

Retail Sales Indicator: April 2000

Published: Mon 22 May 2000 03:14 PM
Retail Sales Indicator - April 2000
The seasonally adjusted Retail Sales Indicator for April is $3,554 million according to Statistics New Zealand. These early estimates of retail sales suggest growth of 0.2 per cent on the March result. April sales, excluding the motor vehicle sales and servicing storetypes, were $2,534 million, a seasonally adjusted increase of 0.8 per cent on the corresponding March total.
The Retail Sales Indicator is derived from early responses to Statistics New Zealand's monthly Retail Trade Survey. For April, these responses contributed 75 per cent of the published value of the indicator. The other 25 per cent comprises sales estimates for those that had not responded by 20 May. These estimates are based on the sales of other similar sized retailers in a similar activity and location.
Final retail sales statistics for April including the usual detailed storetype analysis will be released on 2 June. Releases of the Retail Sales Indicator will generally be at 3pm on the 21st day of the month following the reference period or on the next business day should the date fall on a weekend or public holiday.
Ian Ewing DEPUTY GOVERNMENT STATISTICIAN
END

Next in Business, Science, and Tech

Media reports regarding possible transaction to acquire Stuff
By: NZME
Plan of action to protect seabirds
By: New Zealand Government
Fairer rules for tenants and landlords
By: New Zealand Government
Official Cash Rate unchanged at 1 percent
By: Reserve Bank
Avocados at lowest price in almost three years
By: Statistics New Zealand
Endangered seabirds need strong fishing rules
By: Forest And Bird
Call for zero bycatch, 2016 a bad year for seabirds
By: Forest and Bird
REINZ welcomes banning of rental bidding with RTA proposals
By: REINZ
Landlords will not be able to protect neighbours
By: NZ Property Investors Federation
Proposed changes to tenancy rights are trickle down
By: Manawatu Tenants' Union
Reserve Bank predicts further economic slowdown
By: New Zealand National Party
Reserve Bank gets it right by keeping OCR steady
By: ACT New Zealand
XE Data Update - RBNZ Official Cash Rate decision
By: XE Money Transfer
View as: DESKTOP | MOBILEWe're in BETA! Send Feedback © Scoop Media