NZ Police CommCens Alert 13:00 20-12-2006 North Shore Waitekere Rodney
Location of incident: Henderson
Incident Type: Media Release
20 December 2006
RE : Press Release
Operation Inferno Ends
Waitakere Police have executed a number of Search Warrants in Auckland in relation to the termination of Operation
Operation Inferno was commenced two months ago after an aggravated robbery of a Chubb Security vehicle on the 9th of
October 2006 in New Lynn.
Entry was gained to one address by members of the Auckland Armed Offenders Squad.
Detective Senior Sergeant John SUTTON says its a pleasing result for the team of Detectives that have worked on this
enquiry over the last two months.
Police have arrested the following:
• 24 year old West Auckland woman on charges of Conspiring to Supply a Class A drug
• 24 year old East Auckland man on charges of Aggravated Robbery, a number of firearm offences including Unlawful
Possession of a Firearm, Discharging a Firearm, participating in an Organised Criminal Enterprise, Burglary, Conspiracy
to supply a Class A drug (x2), Conspiring to Commit Theft, Conspiracy to commit Aggravated Robberyᾠ(x2)
• 29 year old Albany man on charges of participating in an Organised Criminal Enterprise, Conspiracy to Commit
Burglary, Conspiracy to supply a Class A drug (x2), Conspiracy to Commit Aggravated Robbery (x2)
• 29 year old Mount Eden man on charges of Aggravated Robbery, Firearm offences and Burglary
• 26 year old South Auckland man on charges of Conspiracy to supply a Class A drug and Conspiracy to supply a
Class C drug
• 28 years old Mount Eden man on charges of involving numerous Fraud offences• 23 year old West Auckland man on
charges of burglary and Conspiracy to commit Aggravated Robbery x 2
The female will appear in the Waitakere District Court on Wednesday 20 December 2006.
Three of the men will appear in the Waitakere District Court on Thursday 21 December 2006
Police will be seeking a remand without plea for two weeks until 15 January 2007 when the remaining persons involved
will appear with them at the Waitakere District Court.
Further arrests and charges are possible.