This note updates that sent at 11.12am
City Council closures:
- All Council offices, libraries and recreational facilities (the customer service centre 941 8999 continues to be
- Council parking buildings
- Council transfer stations
- Refuse and recycling collections: CCC contractor Onxy advises all today's scheduled refuse and recycling collection
runs have been cancelled.
- Parks/cemeteries: Groynes, Victoria and Spencer parks, Hagley/Botanic Gardens and all cemeteries are closed due to
snow damage on trees and concerns for the safety of the public from breaking branches.
Christchurch City Council has shut the following roads:
- All of Dyers Pass Road from Colombo Street
- All of Hackthorne Road from Cashmere Road
- Summit Road.
- The closure of Hackthorne and the lower end of Dyers Pass roads effectively shuts off access to homes on Cashmere.
Contractors will try to get the lower ends of these roads open again by mid-afternoon if there's no more snow.
- All other hill streets are slippery and dangerous and the Council advises that driving on them should be avoided if
possible. Drivers on other roads should take care and reduce their speed.
Bus Services all services are to being suspended and all will have ceased running from about midday.
Police: The Christchurch police are asking all drivers to take care, to increase their following distances and reduce