This note updates that sent at 11.02am
- Bus Services all services are to being suspended and all will have ceased running from about midday.
- Council transfer stations
- Council libraries
- Refuse and recycling collections: CCC contractor Onxy advises all today's scheduled refuse and recycling collection
runs have been cancelled.
- Parks/cemeteries: Groynes, Victoria Park and parts of Spencer park are closed due to snow damage on trees.
Hagley/Botanic Gardens and the cemeteries are shut because of concerns for the safety of the public (breaking branches
Christchurch City Council has shut the following roads:
- All of Dyers Pass Road from Colombo Street
- All of Hackthorne Road from Cashmere Road
- Summit Road.
- Hackthorne and the lower end of Dyers Pass roads have now been closed, effectively shutting off access to homes on
Cashmere. It is too dangerous to drive. Contractors may try to get them open again later today, depending on the
- All other hill streets are very slippery and dangerous and the Council advises that driving should be avoided if
possible. Drivers on other roads should take care and reduce their speed. Police The Christchurch police are asking all
drivers to take care, to increase their following distances and reduce their speed.